Parents and YP Welcome Information
Everything you need to know to get ready and excited for Contagious Scotland Scroll down for dates, important information and a packing list!
Contagious Scotland runs from Saturday 21st July to Friday 27th July 2018.
Strathallan School, Forgandenny, Perth, PH2 9EG.
When to arrive?
Please aim to arrive after 3.00pm on SATURDAY 21st July. Can we please stress that it is important NOT to arrive earlier than this as rooms will not be available and leaders will not be able to supervise young people before this time.
- By Car, there are many parking spaces in the school grounds for those coming by car. Once at the venue our team will direct you to Registration and where to find your group.
- By Train, If you are travelling by train, we are arranging a ‘shuttle service’ from Perth station departing at 3pm (only for those who have pre-booked), so please make sure your train is due to arrive at Perth before 3pm. Someone from Contagious, with an appropriate notice for identity purposes, will be at the station. If any queries concerning the shuttle from and to Perth, please contact Judith Armstrong, Contagious Scotland
We will register you in the sixth form centre then show you your boarding house and introduce you to your team. We will have a few games, refreshments and then a short tour where you are staying. You will quickly meet leaders and other young people and will make some good lasting friendships.
The young people’s rooms are mostly single (there are a few dorms with 4 beds) each with bathroom/shower facilities nearby. We will locate young people in their small group (SUS group) in rooms together; their leader will be in a room nearby. We will do our best to meet your sharing requests, but this is not always possible. All bedding is provided but please bring a towel.
Each boarding house has a big common room, good for meeting friends, playing games and hanging out. Leaders will always be nearby to chat and facilitate the fun and games. The sixth form area is also the place where young people can hang out in between organised items.
We are sharing the site with Contagious Nano for young people aged 11-13 years. They will be accommodated in a separate Dormitory block called Nano, and have their own programme and leadership team. We are looking forward to joining together in some activities as part of the Contagious family.
The food is good at Strathallan School, prepared by the professional catering staff who provide a wide variety of tasty meals to choose from and fresh fruit and salad is always available. There will be breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a light supper available. There is also a Tuck Shop in the sixth form area.
Photos and Publicity:
We are hoping to take some general photos or video during the week that may be used for publicity, uploaded on our website or shared on social media sites. We hope to upload any photos on the public ‘Contagious’ Facebook group, so we encourage everyone to join our group. It is almost impossible to control the use of social media by young people at Contagious. If you have particular concerns about social media, photographs or publicity, please inform the Contagious Team on 01582 855898. Our full safeguarding policy is available to read here.
Medical, SEN, Dietary Information Form
When will Contagious Finish?
For those who have booked it, the shuttle service will provide a return trip Perth train station. Please do not book trains before 2pm on the last day.
We will also require to abide by Strathallan’s code and information/requests. One of which is that they would like to keep their paths ‘chewing gum free’. Please help us continue to set a good example in this regard.
Strathallan operates a Keys/Swipe card facility for security reasons. Please abide by its use.
There are various areas under renovation at Strathallan, please be aware of notices and requests regarding that.
Also, be aware of ‘keep off grass’ restrictions e.g. Chapel Lawns, Cricket Pitches.
Please ensure proper footwear is used in the Sports Halls, indoor-only use trainers (i.e. cannot be trainers that are used in any outdoor capacity).
Packing List and other items you might need
- Spending Money: There is a small tuck shop on site and the Task Force team will run a small bookstall that will sell books, so you may like to bring some spending money, though this is not essential. Any money you bring will be your own responsibility to look after and manage.
- Suitable Clothes: We have a full programme of activities including sports, messy games, crafts, dancing, creative projects and team challenges. Please bring a range of clothes and footwear for outdoors, indoors, muddy and wet environments or casual clothes for the evenings. We are trusting that the weather will be good for us to be outside for most of the week, but please be prepared for changeable conditions. You are being asked to bring an ‘old’ white t-shirt that you don’t mind being stained.
- Day Out to St Andrews: We are planning to have a day out to St Andrews during Contagious. This will take place on Tuesday.
- Ceilidh. The end of week ceilidh party is ‘fancy dress’ and the theme this year is ‘Neon’.
- Exalt: Use your talents! There may be an opportunity to use your talents to Exalt the name of the Lord! If you want to bring musical instruments, sports equipment, or other skill based items, then please pack them carefully, but do be aware that you will be responsible for these items and Contagious will take no responsibility for any loss or damage.
- Bible (New International Version would be ideal) NOT electronic Bibles on phones etc.
- Notepad and pen
- Money for tuck/book shop/merchandise
- Supply of any medication needed plus any up to date information written down.
- Swimming gear and old clothes (for water games)
- White t-shirt you do not mind getting dirty/stained
- Toiletries, sun cream & hat
- Clothes suitable for all weathers!
- Exclusively indoor trainers and other outdoor footwear
- Any sports equipment, games or musical instrument (at your own risk)
- Mobile phone and charger (optional).
Contagious Hoodies & T-Shirts:
Please join the leaders in praying for our time at Contagious this summer:
- Thank God for the many young people coming to Contagious from different backgrounds and churches.
- Thank God for Contagious and the dedicated leaders who prepare the teaching, organise the activities, and give of their time to care and support the young people.
- Please pray for young people who may be feeling anxious about coming to Contagious; pray that they would quickly find their way around, meet great leaders and make new friends.
- Please pray for young people as they listen, learn and engage with the teaching this summer; that they would grow in their love of Jesus and mature in their walk with Him.
- Please pray for the leaders that they would teach the young people well and faithfully, according to the Bible. Give them creative ideas to engage the young people and a love for the young people that comes from Jesus.
- Please pray for safety and smooth running of the conference, free from evil attack and blessed by God.
- Please pray for the ongoing work of Contagious as they plan future conferences and look for new opportunities to serve young people in our nation.
- Please subscribe to our Contagious PrayerMate feed.
Dates for 2019:
CONTAGIOUS MAX SCOTLAND/NORTH
Dates: Sunday 28th July – Saturday 3rd August 2019
Held at Barnard Castle School, Co Durham (England!!).
Yes, the time has come to move away from Strathallan and find a new home. We have found a better school that is ideal for Contagious. We will enjoy great facilities, better accommodation, excellent food and still have all the character, community and fun of Contagious Scotland before.
In the event of an emergency please contact Zach Watt on 07963701309.
If you have any questions about any of the Contagious ministries, please do not hesitate to contact me.