Parents and YP Welcome Information
Everything you need to know to get ready and excited for Contagious West this summer:
Scroll down for dates, important information and a packing list!
Contagious West runs from Saturday 4th August to Friday 10th August 2018.
Pioneer Centre, Cleobury Mortimer, Kidderminster, Shropshire, DY14 8JG
We will be sharing the site with Contagious Nano West.When to arrive:
- By Car, please aim to arrive from 2.30pm on SATURDAY 4th August. Can we please stress that it is important NOT to arrive earlier than this as rooms will not be available and leaders will not be able to supervise young people before this time. You will find information about the venue, and how to get there, on the Pioneer Website. There are parking spaces on site for those coming by car. Once at the venue, please follow the signs for ‘Registration’.
- By Train, If you are travelling by train, we are arranging a ‘shuttle service’ from Kidderminster station departing at 2pm (only for those who have pre-booked), so please make sure your train is due to arrive at Kidderminster before 2pm. Someone from Contagious, with an appropriate notice for identity purposes, will be at the station.
When to arrive?
We will register you and you will be introduced to your small group leader (called a ‘SUS’ group). If parents have any questions we are ready to chat with you too. You will be taken by your leader and shown your room and also given a short tour of the centre where we are staying. You will quickly meet other young people who are feeling the same as you and will make some good lasting friendships.
The young people’s rooms have between 4 and 6 beds each with an en-suite bathroom. They are situated in groups in blocks. We try to accommodate small groups together in two or three rooms; their leader will be in a room nearby. We will do our best to meet your sharing requests, but this is not always possible. All bedding is provided but please bring a towel.
There are several common rooms located around the buildings, which we can make into good hangout places for the young people.
The food is good at the Pioneer Centre, prepared by the Pioneer kitchen team and with a good variety of tasty meals throughout the week. The meal times are 8:30am breakfast, 1pm Lunch, and 6pm dinner. At mealtime everyone goes and finds a place to sit first before they collect their food table by table. We will share the dining room with Contagious Nano West and will eat at the same time as them.
Photos and Publicity:
We are hoping to take some general photos or video during the week that may be used for publicity, uploaded on our website or shared on social media sites. We hope to upload any photos on the public ‘Contagious’ Facebook group so we encourage everyone to join our group. It is almost impossible to control the use of social media by young people at Contagious. If you have particular concerns about social media, photographs or publicity, please inform the Contagious Team on 01582 855898. Our full safeguarding policy is available to read here.
Medical, SEN, Dietary Information Form
Parents join us on the last day:
We would like to invite all parents to join us on the last day, for a joint feedback meeting followed by a picnic lunch. We really want parents to hear some of the stories and experience a bit of Contagious, so please come at 11.00am on Friday 10th August 2018 and bring your own picnic lunch. Parents will have the opportunity to chat with the leaders and meet your new friends.
For those who have booked it, the shuttle service will provide a return trip Kidderminster train station. Please do not book trains before 2pm on the last day.
Packing List and other items you might need
- Spending Money: There is a small tuck shop on site at the Pioneer Centre and the Task Force team will run a small bookstall that will sell books, so you may like to bring some spending money, though this is not essential. Any money you bring will be your own responsibility to look after and manage.
- Suitable Clothes: We have a full programme of activities including sports, messy games, crafts, dancing, creative projects and team challenges. Please bring a range of clothes and footwear for outdoors, indoors, muddy and wet environments or casual clothes for the evenings. We are trusting that the weather will be good for us to be outside for most of the week, but please be prepared for changeable conditions.
- Use your talents! There may be an opportunity to use your talents to Exalt the name of the Lord! If you want to bring musical instruments, sports equipment, or other skill based items, then please pack them carefully, but do be aware that you will be responsible for these items and Contagious take no responsibility for their loss or damage.
- Bible (New International Version would be ideal) NOT electronic Bibles on phones etc.
- Notepad and pen
- Money for tuck/book shop/merchandise
- Supply of any medication needed plus any up to date information written down.
- Swimming gear and old clothes (for water games)
- Toiletries, sun cream & hat
- Clothes suitable for all weathers!
- Exclusively indoor trainers and other outdoor footwear
- Any sports equipment, games or musical instrument (at your own risk)
- Mobile phone and charger (optional).
Contagious Hoodies & T-Shirts:
Please join the leaders in praying for our time at Contagious this summer:
- Thank God for the many young people coming to Contagious from different backgrounds and churches.
- Thank God for Contagious and the dedicated leaders who prepare the teaching, organise the activities, and give of their time to care and support the young people.
- Please pray for young people who may be feeling anxious about coming to Contagious; pray that they would quickly find their way around, meet great leaders and make new friends.
- Please pray for young people as they listen, learn and engage with the teaching this summer, that they would grow in their love of Jesus and mature in their walk with Him.
- Please pray for the leaders that they would teach the young people well and faithfully, according to the Bible. Give them creative ideas to engage the young people and a love for the young people that comes from Jesus.
- Please pray for safety and smooth running of the conference, free from evil attack and blessed by God.
- Please pray for the ongoing work of Contagious as they plan future conferences and look for new opportunities to serve young people in our nation.
- Please subscribe to our Contagious PrayerMate feed.
Dates for 2019:
CONTAGIOUS WEST Sat 3rd – Fri 9th August 2019 at the Pioneer Centre
If you have any questions about any of the Contagious ministries, please do not hesitate to contact me.