Contagious ADVENTURE is a fabulous week of friendship, fun and great Bible teaching.
The week is aimed at 8-10’s, but we also allow 11 year olds to attend if they want to stay within their friendship groups (we encourage 11 year olds to attend Contagious GO for 11-13’s).
Scroll down for more information about Contagious ADVENTURE!
dates for 2024
ADVENTURE South West – 5-11th August – Sexey’s School, Bruton
ADVENTURE East – 17-23rd August – Royal Hospital School, Ipswich
All our Conference dates/venues can be found here.
A typical day
7am is wake up time, followed by a filling breakfast at 8am before having our morning teaching session. After a short break we’ll have time studying the Bible in small groups.
In the afternoons there are a range of activities available with a break for refreshments in the middle. Some of the activities are all-together while others are in smaller groups.
Dinner is at 5.15pm and then we join back together for the evening teaching session. Later on we have a leaders vs. campers competition before getting ready for bed. Each day finishes with hot chocolate (or an alternative)!
We teach the Bible in several ways in order to help children with a variety of learning styles: SUS groups; discussions; question times; talks; drama; songs and activities.
We will have two main meetings, one in the morning after breakfast, and one in the evening after tea. The whole group come together to sing, have teaching from the front, enjoy drama, quizzes and activities that help them learn.
SUS groups are your small groups for the week that meet each morning. This is the group of young people you will spend most time with and with whom you will make new friends. If you do not know anyone, you will quickly be included in this new group of friends. You will have two or three adult leaders assigned to your SUS group who will care for you, give support and encouragement and teach you great truths from the Bible throughout your week at Contagious.
We love getting into the Bible at ADVENTURE, but there is also plenty of time for games and activities. Our afternoon and evening activities divide into two types:
‘All In’ activities – great fun team events where everyone enjoys being together. These can include treasure hunts, SUS challenges and wide games.
Optional activities – where we can choose from various options including sport, craft, drama, swimming and games. The choices vary each day and there is something for everyone!
PRAYING FOR US
Please join the leaders in praying for our time at Contagious this summer:
- Thank God for the many young people coming to Contagious from different backgrounds and churches.
- Thank God for Contagious and the dedicated leaders who prepare the teaching, organise the activities, and give of their time to care and support the young people.
- Please pray for young people who may be feeling anxious about coming to Contagious; pray that they would quickly find their way around, meet great leaders and make new friends.
- Please pray for young people as they listen, learn and engage with the teaching this summer; that they would grow in their love of Jesus and mature in their walk with Him.
- Please pray for the leaders that they would teach the young people well and faithfully, according to the Bible. Give them creative ideas to engage the young people and a love for the young people that comes from Jesus.
- Please pray for safety and smooth running of the conference.
- Please pray for the ongoing work of the Contagious team as they plan future conferences and look for new opportunities to serve young people in our nation.
Any questions? Just email us with a question or fill in the contact form below: