An extra £100 off available for TEAM at particular Conferences until the 25th of February – find out more
We have a committed, caring and talented team of leaders who love Contagious and are passionate about showing young people how to live for Jesus.
Each conference has a number of male and female SUS leaders. The TEAM are the backbone of our Contagious MAX, GO and Adventure conferences each year.
To get a taste of what Contagious is like check out our ALUMNI SERIES on Youtube. It is a compilation of episodes that feature some of our Contagious Alumni talking about why they love Contagious, their favourite memories and teaching series’, and why they’re on our TEAM. Below are a few of the videos:
the qualities of a leader
Contagious conferences require a lot of energy, enthusiasm and some physical ability – it is hugely rewarding and tiring! Leaders need to be in a place where they can physically, emotionally and spiritually give their time, energy and focus to the care and needs of the children and young people.
We ask all our TEAM to attend a training day and give time to their own study and preparation before the conference.
All our TEAM speak of their own appreciation and growth under the teaching of Contagious, but our first priority is to encourage, challenge, and serve the young people.
Furthermore, we ask our TEAM to pay the cost of bed and boarding so that the fees for the young people are not subsidising the TEAM. However, if you are unable to pay the full fee we will support you with our Bursary fund.
This all sounds heavy and demanding, but serving on Contagious is fulfilling, enlightening and you will make many wonderful friends.
Personal Faith with Jesus
You need to be dependent on God’s grace alone for salvation through the person and work of Jesus and showing a deep trust and confidence in the Bible.
You need to be a regular attendee and committed to the ministries of a gospel believing local church where you are known to the leadership.
You should have experience of Christian youth or children’s ministry, or experience of working with children in secular context, where you demonstrated good relational skills, communication, appropriate conduct, and organisation.
You need to have a high level of discretion and sensitivity as they may become aware of difficult issues in a child’s or young person’s life and know when and where to seek help or guidance.
You need to have a knowledge of Contagious Bible Ministries and be willing to serve in Christian ministry.
*not expected for Practical roles like Administrator, Tech Team, Medical Supervisors or Support Team
joining the team
Being a TEAM member or leader is a commitment. Please read the list below to follow the process and requirements for serving on TEAM:
- READ. Please read the ‘TEAM roles‘ and familiarise yourself with the venue, dates, training day and requirements to be a leader.
- APPLY. Complete the online Application Form (bookings will open soon!). You will be asked to provide details regarding DBS/PVG checks and the contact details for two referees). Please do not delay in applying as this will support our Operations Team. To complete an application a deposit of £100 is required. However, if your application is not successful the deposit will be returned.
- SEND. The application process may direct you to send documents or apply for DBS/PVG. Please take action and complete those tasks without delay.
- WAIT. Once we have received your application we will read it, check your DBS/PVG, request two references and complete our process to approve your application. We aim to complete our process within 30 working days.
- APPROVED. Once your application is approved we will send you an email and invoice.
- PAYMENT. Fees are payable for TEAM and CREW. You can pay in instalments, standing order or in a lump sum. Please make a Bursary Application if the fees would prohibit you from coming (you can do this in the booking process).
- TRAINING. All TEAM are expected to attend the Training Day relevant for your conference. If you are unable to attend the Training Day, please contact us so that alternative training can be arranged.
- PREPARE. After the training day you will receive the teaching material and we expect all leaders to prepare well for teaching the young people. Please pray for the young people and other leaders. Please read through our Safeguarding Policy and documents.
- SERVE. Joining the TEAM means giving yourself wholeheartedly to the week of Contagious with enthusiasm, care, prayerfulness, commitment and energy.
- REVIEW. After the conference we value hearing your view of the week, so please complete the Feedback Form that will be sent via email.