Contagious Adventure East runs from 2.00pm Saturday 15th August to 12.30 pm Friday 21st August 2020
The Royal Hospital School, Holbrook, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP9 2RX alongside MAX East.
GO East are located in a nearby venue called Orwell Park School, which is 15 minutes drive away across the estury.
WHEN TO ARRIVE?
Please aim to arrive from 2.00pm on SATURDAY 15th August. Can we please stress that it is important NOT to arrive earlier than this as rooms will not be available and leaders will not be able to supervise young people before this time.
- By Car, there are many parking spaces on the parade ground for those coming by car. Once at the venue, please follow the route below and our team will direct you to Registration in the Blake Boarding House. Parents are welcome to stay for a cup of tea or coffee and use the facilities before returning home.
- By Train, If you are travelling by train, PLEASE NOTE we are NOT able to provide a shuttle service from the station due to further unwanted regulations imposed on us.
We will register you in the Central meeting room then show you and introduce you to your team. We will have a few games, refreshments and then a short tour of the Boarding House and School where we are staying. You will quickly meet other children and will make some good lasting friendships.
The children will sleep in rooms with between 6 and 8 beds in each with bathroom/shower facilities nearby. We will locate children in their small group (SUS group) with their leaders in a room nearby. We will do our best to meet your sharing requests, but this is not always possible. All bedding is provided but please bring a towel.
Blake boarding house has a big common room which is good for meeting friends, playing games and hanging out. Leaders will always be nearby to chat and facilitate the fun and games.
The food is amazing at the Royal Hospital School, prepared by the professional catering staff who provide a wide variety of tasty meals to choose from and fresh fruit and salad is always available. The meal times are 8:30am breakfast, 12.30pm lunch, and 5.30pm dinner.
PHOTOS AND PUBLICITY:
We are hoping to take some general photos or video during the week that may be used for publicity, uploaded on our website or shared on social media sites. We hope to upload any photos on the public ‘Contagious’ Facebook group so we encourage everyone to join our group. It is almost impossible to control the use of social media by young people at Contagious. If you have particular concerns about social media, photographs or publicity, please inform the Contagious Team on 01582 855898. Our full safeguarding policy is available to read here.
MEDICAL, SEN, DIETARY INFORMATION FORM
All the above information should have been completed via the online form during the booking process. If you have not completed this form, please email Lisa Wheatley. If there is any up to date information or change of circumstances, recent medication or pastoral concerns that were not included on the form, please provide written details to Lynda Kinnaird at the point of registration when you arrive. If you would like to discuss a medical condition/special needs then please contact the Contagious Team on 01582 855898 before 18th July 2020.
PARENTS JOIN US ON THE LAST DAY:
We would like to invite all parents to join us on the last day, for a joint feedback meeting followed by a picnic lunch. We really want parents to hear some of the stories and experience a bit of Contagious so please come at 11.00am on Friday 21st August 2020 and bring your own picnic lunch. Parents will have the opportunity to chat with the leaders and meet new friends. Contagious will finish immediately after lunch, at 12.30 pm. If there is any chance that you might be delayed in arriving please advise someone from the team. If you are collecting a child from Contagious GO East, please leave after the Response Meeting at midday to collect your child from Orwell Park School by 12.30pm.
As stated above there will be NO SHUTTLE SERVICE to the Station.
I’m sure we will have no issues, but we would like to remind you of the Booking Terms & Conditions that you agreed to when booking online; this will ensure that you are aware of what behaviour is expected during the week.
PACKING LIST AND OTHER ITEMS YOU MIGHT NEED
- Spending Money: There is a small tuck shop (limited spend allowed each day) and bookstall so you may like to bring some spending money, though this is not essential. Any money you bring will be your own responsibility to look after and manage.
- Suitable Clothes: We have a full programme of activities including sports, messy games, crafts, dancing, creative projects and team challenges. Please bring a range of clothes and footwear for outdoors, indoors, muddy and wet environments or casual clothes for the evenings. We are trusting that the weather will be good for us to be outside for most of the week, but please be prepared for changeable conditions.
- Use your talents! There may be an opportunity to use your talents to Exalt the name of the Lord! If you want to bring musical instruments, sports equipment, or other skill based items, then please pack them carefully, but do be aware that you will be responsible for these items and Contagious take no responsibility for their loss or damage.
- Bible (New International Version would be ideal) NOT electronic Bibles on phones etc.
- Notepad and pen
- Money for tuck/book shop/merchandise
- Supply of any medication needed plus any up to date information written down.
- Swimming gear and old clothes (for swimming pool and water games)
- Toiletries, sun cream & hat
- Clothes suitable for all weathers!
- Any sports equipment, games or musical instrument (at your own risk)
- Mobile phones and electronic game consules are discouraged. If your child really wants their phone or games hand held games console, they bring it at their own risk. We accept no responsibility for its loss or damage. Any phones or gadgets will be collected in and handed back at limited times each day.
Please join the leaders in praying for our time at Contagious Adventure this summer:
- Thank God for the many children and young people coming to Contagious from different backgrounds and churches.
- Thank God for Contagious and the dedicated leaders who prepare the teaching, organise the activities, and give of their time to care and support the young people.
- Please pray for the children and young people who may be feeling anxious about coming to Contagious; pray that they would quickly find their way around, meet great leaders and make new friends.
- Please pray for the children as they listen, learn and engage with the teaching this summer, that they would grow in their love of Jesus and mature in their walk with Him.
- Please pray for the TEAM that they would teach the children and young people well and faithfully, according to the Bible. Give them creative ideas to engage them.
- Please pray for safety and smooth running of the residential, free from accidents and blessed by God.
- Please pray for the ongoing work of Contagious as they plan future conferences and look for new opportunities to serve children and young people in our nation.
- Please subscribe to our Contagious PrayerMate feed.
In the event of an emergency please contact Dean on 07739 120341 or Geoff 07900925657.
DATES FOR 2021:
CONTAGIOUS ADVENTURE EAST 2021:
SAT 21ST AUGUST 2021 – 27THAUGUST 2021 AT RHS