Everything you need to know to get ready and excited for Contagious ADVENTURE South West.
For general information about Contagious ADVENTURE click here.
Scroll down to find out important information, including arrival details, packing list and what to expect on the first day.
what to bring
NOTE – please label EVERYTHING!
- Bible (New International Version)
- Notepad and pen
- Supply of any medication needed plus any up to date information written down
- Swimming gear
- One swimming towel and one bath towel
- Toiletries, sun cream & hat
- A book/comic to read at bedtime
- A nightlight if required
- Clothes suitable for all weathers!
- Shoes for indoors and trainers for outdoor games (sandals and flip flops are welcome, but trainers will be needed for activities)
- Any sports equipment, games or musical instrument (at your own risk)
- There will be a bookstall and CDs recommended and shown during the week, but purchases will only be available on the last day. Parents will be able to pay for these during the final session/pick up by card.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN WITH ANY SNACKS – Snacks will be provided mid-morning and mid-afternoon each day, and if you would like your child to have a small bag of tuck (sweets) each day you can pay £3 on arrival by card or in advance via bank transfer (40-52-40, 00023542, Ref: ASW [surname] Tuck) and show us confirmation on arrival.
- Please do not send your children with any money – there will be nothing for them to spend it on and we don’t want it getting lost!
There are a mixture of twin rooms and larger dorms. We’ve tried to meet rooming requests where possible. The site will be shared with Contagious GO and Contagious MAX but the different Conferences will have separate sleeping and teaching spaces.
We discourage bringing mobile phones, but recognise some children may want them for journeys etc. If a child does need to bring a phone it will be looked after by leaders during the week and children will be able to ring their parents at certain times if requested. If a parent needs to get hold of a child please ring Michael Tinker (number below).
We’ll also provide postcards for the children to let you know how they’re getting on! Updates will be provided throughout the week to parents.
MEDICAL / SEN / DIETARY
All the above information should be completed as part of your booking form. If you have booked onto Contagious ADVENTURE but have not completed this form, please do so immediately or email Lisa Wheatley. Please also contact Lisa if there is any up to date information or change of circumstances, recent medication or pastoral concerns that were not included on the form.
I’m sure we will have no issues, but we would like to remind you of the Booking Terms & Conditions that you agreed to when booking online; this will ensure that you are aware of what behaviour is expected during the week.
Saturday 5th to Friday 11th August 2023.
Registration starts at 3pm.
On the final day we’ll have a meeting at 11am that we would love parents to join us at. We’ll be sharing what we’ve been learning, some of the highlights and what has stood out for the children. We’d love you to stay for a picnic to finish our time together.
Blundell’s School, Tiverton, EX16 4DN
There are many parking spaces in the school grounds for those coming by car. Once at the venue our team will direct you to Registration and where to find your group.
We are not able to offer a shuttle service from the train station to the venue, due to the recent introduction of the Package Travel Regulations, but Tiverton Station is only a short taxi ride away.
Because we are committed to great Bible learning we want the children to be as awake and energetic as possible. This is why bedtimes are really important. Children will have varying routines at home, but because the days are so packed and the children are likely to be tired out, lights out will be at 8.30pm. We want them to wake up in the morning full of energy and excitement ready to learn and have loads of fun.
We are hoping to take some general photos or video during the week that may be used for publicity, uploaded on our website or shared on social media sites. If you have particular concerns about social media, photographs or publicity, please inform the Contagious Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect on the 1st Day
You’ll arrive from 3pm, sign in and a leader will show you your room with a group of other new arrivals. You’ll then head over to the marquee for a chance to meet other adventurers and leaders, and for your parents/carers to get a quick cup of tea.
After we’ve said ‘see you soon’ to all the parents and carers we’ll meet in the drama theatre where our main meetings will be happening throughout the week. We’ll tell you everything you need to know and what will be happening.
Then it’s tea time! After tea we’ll have the first teaching session where we’ll get in to John chapter 1.
Oooo… then it’s the treasure hunt! This will give you an opportunity to get to know the site.
When we’ve finished that we’ll have hot chocolate and a story. No doubt by then we’ll all be ready for bed. Getting some good sleep to set us up for an exciting 2nd day!
In the event of an emergency please contact Michael on 07403 408696.
If you have any questions about any of the Contagious ministries, please do not hesitate to contact us on the form below.