Everything you need to know to get ready and excited for Contagious MAX Central this summer:
Scroll down for dates, important information and a packing list!
Contagious MAX Central runs from Saturday 25th July to Friday 31st July 2020.
Kingham Hill School, Kingham, Chipping Norton, OX7 6TH
When to arrive?
Please aim to arrive from 2.30pm on SATURDAY 25th July. Can we please stress that it is important NOT to arrive earlier than this as rooms will not be available and leaders will not be able to supervise young people before this time.
- By Car, there are many parking spaces in the school grounds for those coming by car. Once at the venue our team will direct you to Registration and where to find your group. Parents are welcome to stay for a cup of tea or coffee and use the facilities before returning home.
- By Group Travel, PLEASE NOTE, we are no longer able to offer a shuttle service from the station to the venue, due to the recent introduction of the Package Travel Regulations. If you are making your way there you are responsible for making your own arrangements to and from the venue.
We will register you on arrival, then show you your boarding house and introduce you to your team. We will have a few games, refreshments and then a short tour of the School where we are staying. You will quickly meet other young people and will make some good lasting friendships.
The young people’s rooms have between 2 and 6 bed/s each with bathroom/shower facilities nearby. We will locate young people in their small group (SUS group) in rooms together; their leader will be in a room nearby. We will do our best to meet your sharing requests, but this is not always possible. All bedding is provided but please bring a towel.
Each boarding house has a big common room which is good for meeting friends, playing games and hanging out. Leaders will always be nearby to chat and facilitate the fun and games.
The food is excellent at Kingham Hill School, prepared by the professional catering staff who provide a wide variety of tasty meals to choose from and fresh fruit and salad is always available.
Photos and Publicity
We are hoping to take some general photos or video during the week that may be used for publicity, uploaded on our website or shared on social media sites. We hope to upload any photos on the public ‘Contagious’ Facebook group so we encourage everyone to join our group. It is almost impossible to control the use of social media by young people at Contagious. If you have particular concerns about social media, photographs or publicity, please inform the Contagious Team on 01582 855898. Our full safeguarding policy is available to read here.
Medical, SEN, Dietary Information Form
When will Contagious Finish?
Packing List and other items you might need
- Spending Money: There is a small tuck shop on site and the CREW team will run a small bookstall, so you may like to bring some spending money, though this is not essential. Any money you bring will be your own responsibility to look after and manage.
- Suitable Clothes: We have a full programme of activities including sports, messy games, crafts, dancing, creative projects and team challenges. Please bring a range of clothes and footwear for outdoors, indoors, muddy and wet environments or casual clothes for the evenings. We are trusting that the weather will be good for us to be outside for most of the week, but please be prepared for changeable conditions.
- Bible (New International Version would be ideal) NOT electronic Bibles on phones etc.
- Notepad and pen
- Money for tuck/book shop/merchandise
- Supply of any medication needed plus any up to date information written down.
- Swimming gear and old clothes (for indoor swimming and water games)
- Toiletries, sun cream & hat
- Clothes suitable for all weathers!
- Exclusively indoor trainers and other outdoor footwear
- Any sports equipment, games or musical instrument (at your own risk)
- Mobile phone and charger (optional).
Please join the leaders in praying for our time at Contagious this summer:
- Thank God for the many young people coming to Contagious from different backgrounds and churches.
- Thank God for Contagious and the dedicated leaders who prepare the teaching, organise the activities, and give of their time to care and support the young people.
- Please pray for young people who may be feeling anxious about coming to Contagious; pray that they would quickly find their way around, meet great leaders and make new friends.
- Please pray for young people as they listen, learn and engage with the teaching this summer, that they would grow in their love of Jesus and mature in their walk with Him.
- Please pray for the leaders that they would teach the young people well and faithfully, according to the Bible. Give them creative ideas to engage the young people and a love for the young people that comes from Jesus.
- Please pray for safety and smooth running of the conference, free from evil attack and blessed by God.
- Please pray for the ongoing work of Contagious as they plan future conferences and look for new opportunities to serve young people in our nation.
- Please subscribe to our Contagious PrayerMate feed.
Dates for 2021
CONTAGIOUS MAX Central
Dates: Saturday 24th July – Friday 30th August 2021 at Kingham Hill School
In the event of an emergency please contact
- James Williams 07792 205491
If you have any questions about any of the Contagious ministries, please do not hesitate to contact us on the form below.