Everything you need to know to get ready and excited for Contagious GO Central this summer.
Scroll down to find out important information, including arrival details, packing list and what to expect on the first day.
Contagious GO Central runs from Saturday 3rd August to Friday 9th August 2019.
Kingham Hill School, Kingham, Chipping Norton, OX7 6TH
When to arrive?
Please aim to arrive from 2.30pm on SATURDAY 3rd August. Can we please stress that it is important NOT to arrive earlier than this as rooms will not be available and leaders will not be able to supervise young people before this time.
- By Car, there are many parking spaces in the school grounds for those coming by car. Once at the venue our team will direct you to Registration and where to find your group. Parents are welcome to stay for a cup of tea or coffee and use the facilities before returning home.
- By Group Travel, PLEASE NOTE, we are no longer able to offer a shuttle service from the station to the venue, due to the recent introduction of the Package Travel Regulations. If you are making your way there you are responsible for making your own arrangements to and from the venue.
We will register you on arrival, then show you your boarding house and introduce you to your team. We will have a few games, refreshments and then a short tour of the School where we are staying. You will quickly meet other young people and will make some good lasting friendships.
The young people’s rooms have between 2 and 6 bed/s each with bathroom/shower facilities nearby. We will locate young people in their small group (SUS group) in rooms together; their leader will be in a room nearby. We will do our best to meet your sharing requests, but this is not always possible. All bedding is provided but please bring a towel.
Each boarding house has a big common room, good for meeting friends, playing games and hanging out. Leaders will always be nearby to chat and facilitate the fun and games.
The food is excellent at Kingham Hill School, prepared by the professional catering staff who provide a wide variety of tasty meals to choose from and fresh fruit and salad is always available.
Photos and Publicity
Medical, SEN, Dietary Information Form
When will Contagious Finish?
I’m sure we will have no issues, but we would like to remind you of the Booking Terms & Conditions that you agreed to when booking online; this will ensure that you are aware of what behaviour is expected during the week.
Packing List and other items you might need
- Spending Money: There is a small tuck shop on site and we will also sell books in our bookstall, so you may like to bring some spending money though, this is not essential. Any money you bring will be your own responsibility to look after and manage.
- Suitable Clothes: We have a full programme of activities including sports, messy games, crafts, dancing, creative projects and team challenges. Please bring a range of clothes and footwear for outdoors, indoors, muddy and wet environments or casual clothes for the evenings. We are trusting that the weather will be good for us to be outside for most of the week, but please be prepared for changeable conditions.
- Bible (New International Version) NOT electronic Bibles on phones etc.
- Notepad and pen
- Money for tuck/book shop/merchandise
- Supply of any medication needed plus any up to date information written down.
- Swimming gear (for water games)
- Toiletries sun cream & hat
- Clothes suitable for all weathers!
- Exclusively indoor trainers and other outdoor footwear
- Any sports equipment, games or musical instrument (at your own risk)
- Mobile phone and charger (optional) NOTE: phones and devices will be collected in by leaders each night-time.
We teach the Bible in several ways in order to help young people with a variety of learning styles, these include SUS groups, discussions, question times, talks and other enjoyable activities.
- SUS groups SUS (Scripture Under Scrutiny) groups are your small groups for the week that meet each morning after breakfast. This is the group of young people you will spend most time with and with who you will make new friends. If you do not know anyone, you will quickly be included in this new group of friends. You will have two or three adult leaders assigned to your SUS group who will care for you, give support and encouragement and teach you great truths from the Bible throughout your week at Contagious.
- Meetings We will have two meetings, one in the morning before SUS, and one in the evening. The whole group come together and sit in SUS teams, with leaders nearby to help. The sessions are so full of great stuff including… leader challenges, testimonies, stories, great songs, memory verse songs, answers to tough questions, team games, videos, drama, and great talks. This year we are digging deep into the book of Acts with our title Mission Unstoppable
We may work hard at understanding the Bible, but there is also plenty of time for breaks and activities. Our afternoon and evening activities divide into three types:
- ‘All in’ activities – great fun team events where everyone enjoys being together.
- Optional activities – where we can choose from 4 or 5 options including sport, craft, Exalt rehearsals or alternative choices. On arrival, you will be given a full list of activities and options in your own programme booklets.
- Activity Day – We will enjoy one Feature Day of great activity and competition.
Please join the leaders in praying for our time at Contagious this summer:
- Thank God for the many young people coming to Contagious from different backgrounds and churches.
- Thank God for Contagious and the dedicated leaders who prepare the teaching, organise the activities, and give of their time to care and support the young people.
- Please pray for young people who may be feeling anxious about coming to Contagious; pray that they would quickly find their way around, meet great leaders and make new friends.
- Please pray for young people as they listen, learn and engage with the teaching this summer; that they would grow in their love of Jesus and mature in their walk with Him.
- Please pray for the leaders that they would teach the young people well and faithfully, according to the Bible. Give them creative ideas to engage the young people and a love for the young people that comes from Jesus.
- Please pray for safety and smooth running of the conference, free from evil attack and blessed by God.
- Please pray for the ongoing work of Contagious as they plan future conferences and look for new opportunities to serve young people in our nation.
- Please subscribe to our PrayerMate feed where you will get regular prayer requests sent direct to your prayer list.
DATES FOR 2020
CONTAGIOUS MAX CENTRAL
In the event of an emergency please contact Nick Jackman on 07933 068 667.
If you have any questions about any of the Contagious ministries, please do not hesitate to contact us on the form below.