GO East will run from Saturday 19th to Friday 25th August 2023.
Young people are asked to arrive between 3:30 – 4:00pm on the Saturday. Head for ‘Reception’ and you will be welcomed at our registration table.
At the registration table you will be able to meet some of the leaders at GO East and the young people will be invited to join in some icebreaker games.
Pickup will be from 11am on the 25th of August, following our final meeting for the young people.
Our venue for GO East 2023 is Orwell Park School in Ipswich – address below:
Orwell Park Prep School, Nacton, Ipswich, IP10 0ER
Orwell Park School is a brilliant venue with lots of space for the young people to enjoy. There are several common room spaces for us to enjoy to meet friends, play games and hang out. Leaders will always be nearby to chat and facilitate the fun and games.
We will do our best to meet your sharing requests, but this is not always possible. All bedding is provided but please bring a towel.
Medical / SEN / Dietary
All the above information should be completed was part of your booking form. If you have booked onto Contagious GO but have not completed this form, please do so immediately or email Lisa Wheatley.
Please also contact Lisa if there is any up to date information or change of circumstances, recent medication or pastoral concerns that were not included on the form.
Please remember to bring your child’s medication to the Medical Supervisor at registration and let them know if there are any changes to what was on the booking form and if you have any concerns that you wish to talk about.
what to bring…
- A sleeping bag and bottom sheet
- Bible (New International Version) NOT electronic Bibles on phones etc.
- Notepad and pen
- Money for tuck/book shop/merchandise
- Supply of any medication needed plus any up to date information written down (please let us know of any medical needs prior to coming if you haven’t already).
- Clothing suitable for water games
- Water bottle with name on
- Toiletries, sun cream & hat
- Clothes suitable for all weathers!
- Shoes for indoors and other outdoor footwear
- Any sports equipment or games – tennis courts will be available (at your own risk)
- N.B. phones and devices will be collected in by leaders during the first day, they will be given out for an hour each day. For more information please read our terms and conditions.
- PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY SNACKS THAT CONTAIN NUTS as we have others attending who have severe nut allergies
Terms and conditions
Each year we hope to take some general photos or video during the week that may be used for publicity, uploaded on our website or shared on social media sites. We hope to upload any photos on the public ‘Contagious’ Facebook group, so we encourage everyone to join our group. It is almost impossible to control the use of social media by young people at Contagious.
If you have particular concerns about social media, photographs or publicity, please inform the Contagious Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m sure we will have no issues, but we would like to remind you of the Booking Terms & Conditions that you agreed to when booking online; this will ensure that you are aware of what behaviour is expected during the week.
In the event of an emergency please contact Tom on 07780523422 or Lisa on 07799398481.
If you have any questions about any of the Contagious ministries, please do not hesitate to contact us on the form below.