Contagious GO West is at The Pioneer Centre, Cleobury Mortimer, Kidderminster DY14 8JG
Please aim to arrive from 2pm on SATURDAY 5th August. Can we please stress that it is important NOT to arrive earlier than this as rooms will not be available and leaders will not be able to supervise young people before this time.
When you arrive, we will register your child and introduce them to other young people playing games outside. A little later in the afternoon, once they have had chance to learn a few names and meet the leaders we will give them a short tour of the centre and show them to their rooms.
They will quickly meet other young people who are feeling the same (excited and/or nervous) and will make some good lasting friendships. If parents have any questions we are ready to chat with you too.
If you are travelling by train, you will need to arrange your own transit from the station to the venue. Due to the recently introduced Package Travel Regulations, we are no longer able to offer a shuttle service to and from the station.
The young people’s rooms have 2-6 beds each with an en-suite bathroom. We try to accommodate small groups together in two or three rooms; their leader will be in a room nearby. We will do our best to meet your sharing requests, but this is not always possible.
All bedding is provided but please bring a towel. This year, on the first evening, the young people will be asked to make up their own beds using the sheet, duvet cover and pillow case provided.
what to bring…
- Bible (New International Version) NOT electronic Bibles on phones etc.
- Notepad and pen
- Money for tuck/book shop/merchandise
- Supply of any medication needed plus any up to date information written down (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with up to date information before the camp if possible)
- An old white t-shirt for our colour wars
- Swimming gear (to be worn with shorts and a t-shirt for water games)
- A pair of goggles (if you have them) for water games and colour wars
- Towels (two if possible as one will get quite wet after the water games!)
- Water bottle with name on
- Toiletries, sun cream & hat
- Clothes suitable for all weathers!
- Shoes for indoors and other outdoor footwear
- Any sports equipment, games or musical instrument (at your own risk)
- N.B. phones and devices will be collected in by leaders during the first day, they will be given out for an hour each day. For more information please read our terms and conditions.
- PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY SNACKS THAT CONTAIN NUTS as we have others attending who have severe nut allergies
We would like to invite all parents to join us on the last day, for a feedback meeting for GO followed by a picnic lunch. We really want parents to hear some of the stories and experience a bit of Contagious so please come at 11.30am on Friday 11th August and bring your own picnic lunch (young people will be provided with packed lunch by the centre). Parents will have the opportunity to chat with the leaders and meet your child’s new friends.
If there is any chance that you might be delayed in arriving please advise someone from the team (above).
Medical / SEN / Dietary
All the above information should be completed was part of your booking form. If you have booked onto Contagious GO but have not completed this form, please do so immediately or email Lisa Wheatley.
Please also contact Lisa if there is any up to date information or change of circumstances, recent medication or pastoral concerns that were not included on the form.
Terms and Conditions
Each year we hope to take some general photos or video during the week that may be used for publicity, uploaded on our website or shared on social media sites. We hope to upload any photos on the public ‘Contagious’ Facebook group, so we encourage everyone to join our group. Please do read through the terms and conditions for our mobile phone policy.
If you have particular concerns about social media, photographs or publicity, please inform the Contagious Team by emailing email@example.com.
I’m sure we will have no issues, but we would like to remind you of the Booking Terms & Conditions that you agreed to when booking online; this will ensure that you are aware of what behaviour is expected during the week.
In the event of an emergency please contact Carrie on 07477 627514 or Rosemary on 07792 990793 (please only use these numbers during the week away for urgent matters).
If you have any questions about any of the Contagious ministries, please fill in the form below.